Thứ Tư, 25 tháng 9, 2019

ALICIA KEYS WITHOUT MAKEUP

Alicia Augello Cook (born January 25, 1981), known professionally as Alicia Keys, is a 15-time Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter/producer, an accomplished actress, a New York Times best-selling author and an entrepreneur. Alicia often showed up on the red carpet with 3her glamorous appearance, but it is quite obvious that her style is changing recently as she usually appears at many events with little or no makeup.
It seems that Alicia Keys is trying to keep the makeup minimal and let her skin breathe. In 2016, Alicia herself announced that she would no longer wear makeup and we thought that finally, someone was standing up against the expectation of women having to spend hours styling their hair and putting on their makeup. And with that announcement, let’s take a look at these pictures where Alicia Keys puts no makeup on and see how she manage to do it.
When did she stop applying makeup?
As we mentioned above, Alicia herself decided to wear no makeup in public. It all started in 2016 when she was shooting for her new album ‘Here’. Instead of putting on tons of makeup, as usual, she opted for a no-makeup look. In her interview with Allure, she stated: “I think makeup can be self-expression. I have no intention to shame anyone at all who chooses to wear it. No one should be ashamed by the way you choose to express yourself. And that’s exactly the point. However, if you do want to do that for yourself, you should do that.” It’s been years seen Keys got rid of makeup, and yet her natural beauty is still inspiring.
 
Why did she go for a no-makeup look?
“Cause I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.”
She also mentioned in the interview for Allure how her skin started breaking out at the beginning of her music career because “everyone covered me in makeup and then threw me under tons of lights,” which made her feel self-conscious, objectified and judged. This might be the inspiration for Alicia Keys to make makeup-less of a priority. She referred a no-makeup look to the true self of her, her flaws, her nature. It seems that the thought of removing all makeup has planted earlier than we thought as she wrote in her lyric for the song ‘When a Girl Can’t Be Herself’. It says: “What if I don’t want to put on all that makeup” or “Maybe all this Maybelline is covering my self-esteem.” This might be an important turning point for Alicia Keys to chose to swear off makeup.
How does deal with it?
You might be wondering why and how does Alicia Keys still look pretty without even a hint of makeup? The answer lies in her skin care routine, we believe. According to her makeup artist, the regime cost Keys spends for skin care is about $455 during her rehearsal time. Seems like all this amount of money is worth it because Alicia’s skin is actually glowing.
This picture was taken from the 2018 Grammy Music Awards, and Alicia Keys looked absolutely stunning. As she walked down the red carpet, she wore a black long-sleeve V-neck top tucked into high-waisted velvet loose pants. Her hair was braided into pigtails separated into sections with black zip ties. And her face, of course with no makeup, was indeed radiant, especially in front of the flashes came from all those cameras.
“But there’s definitely something powerful about the way your inner feels that reflects on the outer, on your skin. That, to me, is real beauty.” Apparently, Keys know how her daily basis would affect her skin both internally and externally, so she workouts more and eats cleaner. As her makeup artist explained, apart from Alicia Keys’ healthy habits, she also used natural oils and masks, and a little bit of anti-age serum for her eternally young skin. I mean, who would believe this woman is already 38?
Alicia Keys choosing no makeup doesn’t mean that she does not like it. In fact, she said herself that she loves makeup, “I love my lip gloss, I love my blush, I love my eyeliner”, but “I don’t want to feel beholden” to have to do makeup.
It looks as if she put all the colors of blusher, eye shadows and lipsticks in her beautiful hair.
Her appearance at 2019 Met Gala is probably my most favorite up to now. She looks magnificent and all with her luminous bare face, and her glittery outfit is everything. What a look!
That’s Alicia Keys, with no trace of makeup, yet being our biggest inspiration. How about you? Do you find her stunning in those no-makeup look? Make sure to leave us your opinion on the comment section.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét